In most cases, a bee or wasp sting will cause some mild pain and irritation but will not need any vet treatment. Occasionally, bee and wasp. Most of the time, if your dog is stung by a bee or wasp, the worst they will end up with is a swollen face or paw and some localised pain and irritation. The stings of bees, wasps, and hornets, and the bites of ants and spiders all spell trouble for a nosy dog. Insect venom causes problems ranging from mild. Bee and wasp stings can be painful and frightening for a dog. A single bee sting will produce pain, swelling, redness, inflammation. Wasp and bee stings are most common in spring, summer and early autumn months. Dogs are typically stung on their paws or around the face and usually only. The dies but the stinger can keep pumping venom into the victim. Dogs are more commonly stung than cats. The three main scenarios we see are: dog walking along. Most of the time dogs get stung on their faces from investigating a stinging insect too closely. A sting on your dog's sensitive nose is. In most cases if a dog is stung by a bee or wasp, they will experience mild local irritation which should subside within a few hours. However, it can be more. Though for a human, a wasp sting is simply painful (unless you're allergic), for a dog, an encounter with the insect could be fatal. But treading on bees and wasps are a common occurrence, too. Allergic reactions to stings. Some cats and dogs can be allergic to bee or wasp stings, just like.